Aldar is about to launch the second edition of its Scale Up program, with submissions closing this week, February 5th.
About the program
Developed in partnership with startAD, an Abu Dhabi-based global startup accelerator, powered by Tamkeen and anchored at NYU Abu Dhabi, this second edition of Scale Up is taking bets on web3 innovation, with a view that anything is possible in the metaverse, as long as it improves lives and humanity.
Through a 4-week equity-free accelerator, the program promises to provide global tech startups with a gateway to real opportunities, guidance and networks for succeeding in the UAE, perhaps the most forward-focused market in the world today.
This will be achieved through pilot projects with Aldar, and other market leaders in the region, for successful startups that get successfully accepted into the program.
With The 1st edition of Aldar Scale Up, 9 startups participated from 8 countries, offering solutions that leveraged the Internet of Things, smart sensors, communications, and analytics.
Three of these startups secured paid pilots with Aldar. After the resounding success of the first, through the ambit of Scale Up, Aldar is seeking ambitious Web3 founders for its second edition.
In recognition of the accelerated shift towards Web3, the second edition of Scale Up will become one of the UAE’s first programmes to attract international startups with technologies that have the potential to shape the open metaverse.
- Blockchain solutions
- Data analytics
- Customer experience
Who should apply
- Tech startups with solutions that can address the focus areas highlighted above.
- Startups with a demonstrated track record of piloting with corporates of a similar size/nature of Aldar.
- Startups that have proven ability to scale such as having raised series A or B rounds of funding, and with suitable team size (6+).
- Startups that are generating revenue and have healthy financial projections.
- Startups that have ambitions to create a base of operations in the UAE (if not based in the UAE already).
- Startups that are working closely with the metaverse to define the future of human experience and interaction with cross-industry applications.
10 startups will be selected on February 10th, and will proceed with the program for a chance to work with Aldar.
You can find more info, as well as apply, here.