The first edition of the Khalifa Fund's levelUp program will focus on Agritech Innovation that aims at finding solutions to build resilience for the local food supply chain, reduce dependency on food imports, unlock new investment opportunities for SMEs and startups and contribute to Abu Dhabi's knowledge-based economy, especially in the agriculture sector.
levelUp is an opportunity to enable agriculture and food tech entrepreneurs and innovators to accelerate their ventures, being local SMEs or local & International startups (who are willing to relocate to Abu Dhabi).
8-10 companies will be selected & trained for 5 weeks at levelUp's online Founder Series Bootcamp starting from the 3rd week of October and they will get the chance to present their final pitch during the virtual levelUP Forum & Demo Day on 6 December 2021, meet investors and connect with a network of experts.
What the program is looking for:
- Innovation-Driven Solutions
- Data-Powered Agriculture
- Next-Generation Technologies
Who can apply:
- Agriculture Startups & SMEs in Abu Dhabi
- Local & International startups* that are willing to relocate to Abu Dhabi
- Tech & Data driven startup solutions
- *Startups stage: Early Stage (prototype is a must) to Pre-A Series
- Energy & Water Efficiency in Agriculture
- IoT based platforms for farm monitoring & management
- Ag Biotech in Food
- Disease Identification & Detection
- Regenerative Agriculture, Growing Media & Soilless
- Indoor Farming Technologies
- Food Loss & waste management
- Ag Fintech
- Ag Marketplaces
Applications close October 15.
You can find more information, as well as apply, here.