The Abu Dhabi Investment Office (ADIO) and the Abu Dhabi Early Childhood Authority (ECA) have announced a partnership that will provide support for startups developing next-generation technology to address challenges facing the next generation. ADIO is providing AED 15 million over three years to fund ECA’s Anjal Z programme that seeks to embed innovation in Abu Dhabi’s education sector.
Anjal Z is an initiative led by the Abu Dhabi Early Childhood Authority that aims to instil entrepreneurship and innovation in early childhood development. Anjal Z refers to ‘Generation Z’ in Arabic and to the generations inspired by the late founder of the UAE, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan.
What's on offer
The Program empowers growth-stage startups from all over the world to localize their solutions (interventions) across Abu Dhabi and the UAE. Through the program, startups receive an equity-free grant, intensive growth training, mentorship from leading subject matter experts, access to local partnerships with government and non-government entities, in-kind services, and follow-on investment opportunities.
Who should apply
- Improve child wellbeing and development from prenatal stage to the age of eight across the sectors of Health & Nutrition, Early Care & Education, Child Protection and Family Support.
- Have at least $10,000 in recurring monthly revenue.
- Demonstrate product/market fit.
- Have a skilled team including two or more founders.
- Aspire to penetrate the UAE market and possibly the GCC.
- Be able to relocate to Abu Dhabi for the duration of the program.
Applications for Anjal Z Cohort 02 are now open to innovators from all over the world.